Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oops...

I didn't mean to go on and let you think that I did not have a house when I came home!! Jack + Emma actually did very good for being alone all day! They ate a bunch of tomatoes that I had sitting on top of the microwave along with a whole loaf of bread. That's the only downside to having big dogs - counter surfing!!

Ahh... so we won't be leaving them alone anytime soon. I decided that the kennel tech job just wasn't right for me. It was a lot of hardwork (which I really don't mind doing - but not a lot of pay).

Also today they had to "put down" a dog and really I just can't deal with that. I didn't see it happen and I didn't even see the dog (because if it had been a lab - oh my oh my we just won't talk about that!). I only know that it happened because I heard the dog's owner wailing!! And I really wanted to cry right along side her and giver her big hug! It's just one of those sad facts of life... but really death has not been something that I've had much experience in dealing with and certainly not pet loss. My babies are still babies and hopefully (I pray!!) I won't have to deal with this for many many years (if ever, haha!)

And I had a little "aha" moment today that I really can't do this when it came time to give one of the dogs its insulin shot. I just couldn't do it! I had the needle ready and I was going to... but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. And I would probably have an even harder time drawing blood.. so lets just say lesson learned.

No comments: