Thursday, July 17, 2008

One step at a time....

Working on myself is hard. I can't just check out of life and fix myself really fast and then check back in. I've gotta deal with all the other things that come in life along with the struggles I have within myself.

I got hired at the vet clinic. This is something that I'm conflicted on. I am really excited that I got the job. Yesterday I went in for a "working interview." I can see how this would look like a fun job to have and definitely see that it has its down falls. Most of the job is labor - a lot of cleaning up it looks like. The pay is minimal. Even if I go to school to become a vet tech (something I am looking into) the pay is not that great. Not as much contact with animals as you would think.

But there are definitely some good things I can see so I think I'll give it a try. Someone told me that I have choices. So that is something I keep reminding myself. I'm giving this a try to see if I'll like it... if I don't I can choose to do something else. It's that simple.

In other news I've been meeting with a group a few times a week (for the last week at least.. would like to keep it up if my schedule allows). I met some nice people so far and people who I think really accept and understand me (even though I haven't said much, I still get the feeling they do). I'm meeting with a lady tomorrow to SCRAP! How cool is that??? I think it's been ages.. so I'm pretty stoked about it!!

No comments: