Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Exhausted...

I use that term loosely because honestly, it doesn't take much.

Today was my first real day working at the kennel. And it was just a half day. I am so tired. Being a kennel tech is SO MUCH WORK!! We take all the dogs out of their kennels. and put them into dog runs (individually, not all at once) then we have to clean out their kennels. Spray, mop, spray, squeege. Then feed and water them and put them back in. Sounds easy enough right? Until we get to the ones that poop in their kennels then we have to clean that up.. ick!

I wasn't expecting a glamourous job. I really just want to work around animals but I'm not so sure this is the way to go about it.. maybe I need to refocus my attention on dog walking? The kennel I'm working at also serves as a shelter and we have some dogs for a rescue/adoption... so it is sad to see those dogs and if nobody claims the city dogs they go to the Tulsa shelter... even more sad. Then I want to take them all home and I know I cant... so that's hard.

And that was only my first day... so hopefully things go better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Deshona said...

You should take a pet grooming class and then groom pets!!!
Do a home grooming business or you bring the salon to there home!