Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Resolutions

I've decided on new resolutions for the year. Actually, scratch that - for LIFE!
Basically there are many but they boil down to three main categories. Health, Environment, Finance. (and on a completely side note why does finance look so weird to me right now? I know it's spelled right. Does it always look so weird?)
Health
My main goal here is obviously to lose weight. But generally to be healthier by eating better and exercising more often. So I am on day three in a row of working out! (Walking dogs doesn't count since I do that every day anyway and haven't lost a single.freaking.pound!!) I am so SO sore but it feels good (on the inside, lol)!
I'm wanting to plant and grow a vegetable and herb garden. Diving into tons of information on how to get this started so if you have any ideas please please pass them along!! If you have the very very first issue of Domino Mag - that is my dream!
Environment
Part of going green. I am seriously on it!! I can't believe how caught on I am. I just want to do everything green. I obviously realize that is just not 100% possible but also realize that I am trying.
Man since we started recycling - literally a few days ago!! - we have gathered SO MUCH STUFF and we technically haven't even started our service (they haven't dropped off our recycling bin and told us what days for pickup are yet).
Listening to the show The Lazy Environmentalist on Sirius (and for the finances again - I'm listening online through my brother's paid subscription!! GO!!) This is my first listen but I am LOVING it. LOVE realizing that there is SO MUCH THAT I CAN DO without it even seeming like I am making "sacrafices"
I was going to buy the Green Book. However, I did one better and I put myself on the waitlist for it from the public library! GO for the environment AND my finances!!
Finances
Trying to reduce my consumer debt. Not cutting my cards up - I don't have the guts to do that I can't stand the "what ifs" but I am taking them and putting them away - out of sight out of mind. Knowing that I'm not going to use them - even my debit card gets me into trouble. Researching many, many ways to try and save.

No comments: