Friday, January 11, 2008

Gardening

I've just decided to start a garden and compost bin. I am seriously stoked about it. Seriously.
I am just devouring all the information I possibly can! I checked out this book from the library on composting. I don't think I could have chosen a better book, if you're looking for one this is it. I think I have it down. Composting is definitely something I can do. Going to start on it hopefully this weekend (will need lots of help from that doting husband of mine!)
I wanted to jot down some things I am thinking of planting - I definitely want tomatoes (mmm!!) and basil is a must. As I've been doing some research I've found some other goodies I should consider: thyme, sage, rosemary, chives, parsley, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, and squash. And I am even more excited to EAT all of that stuff than I am to grow it. Very excited about this process!!
PS I am still doing the 365 project. Very encouraging to see how many people have been doing this!! I have just been too lazy (or should I say busy?) to upload my pictures everyday.

No comments: