The summer before college I stayed with my aunt who has an affinity for birds. Or should I say obsession with.. and not just little parrots or finches... she likes BIG birds. Right now I think she has 17 of them. Mostly Macaws, a few amazons, and one African grey named Maggie.
When I lived with her she didn't have this many and she had a few smaller ones and they all lived inside. I HATED them with a passion. They were LOUD and very obnoxious. Oh sure, at times they would be cute and I taught them all how to say "Gobble, gobble, gobble" But for the most part I did not like these things and would never consider owning one!
But when I went to visit her in her new home in Florida where she now keeps the birds outside in these monstrous cages... I think I fell in love. I love birdie kisses (well except when they bite you - OUCH!) I love how bright and colorful they are. And I love taking their pictures.. here are two of the macaws:
When I lived with her she didn't have this many and she had a few smaller ones and they all lived inside. I HATED them with a passion. They were LOUD and very obnoxious. Oh sure, at times they would be cute and I taught them all how to say "Gobble, gobble, gobble" But for the most part I did not like these things and would never consider owning one!
But when I went to visit her in her new home in Florida where she now keeps the birds outside in these monstrous cages... I think I fell in love. I love birdie kisses (well except when they bite you - OUCH!) I love how bright and colorful they are. And I love taking their pictures.. here are two of the macaws:
This one is George, who loved me because I was feeding him grapes.
This one is Harley. Harley is one of the birds from OKC. I used to give Harley kisses and he would nibble on my mouth. BUT Harley is older now and is not so nice anymore.. I think if he nibbled on my mouth I'd have to go to the ER. But he was at least nice enough to take a grape from me.


1 comment:
I wanna see the birds pics!!
Post a Comment