- SO so SO SO HAPPY that it is FINALLY spring!! The only downside? MAJOR allergy season for me. I have all kinds of chest congestion, sneezing, sore throat, and this super weird cough/gasp for air thing that I do. Fun.
- Sowed some of the first seeds outdoors. Really must do some prayers for those little guys. My indoor seeds did NOT turn out well at all. I ended up buying some plants and will need to buy some more for most of them. Moonflowers did really really well for me and the basil is coming along nicely.
- The front flower bed is coming alive. Last fall I thought I killed off the five shrubs that I bought.. didn't have the heart to yank them. And they're COMING BACK! I noticed some new leaves on all of them! WOOT! The day lillies and monkey grass (lirope) I trimmed back a few weeks ago are now coming back too! Basically, everything I thought I killed has come back.
- This time last year my tulips were thriving and I am seeing them bloom all over neighborhoods! Sadly, only a few of the tulips are popping up and none of them have buds. Oddly though some tulips I planted in a pot that did not come up last year are now coming up. I think this gardening thing is hit or miss with me.
- We had a dinner party last night. I was a little over ambitious in my entree selection. I made my own pasta! I used this recipe and I thought it was good. I am in love with anything pesto though.
- Made my first Library of Memories "connection" I have a bunch of photos I took from when Nick graduated college in '06 and I found a precious photo of Nick's kindergarten graduation. Love love love this class.
- Got confirmed through the warehouse for DMB tickets!! WOOooo!! Going to two shows: Memphis & Oklahoma City. Also recently bought tickets to go see a Jack Johnson show in KC with my little brother. Radiohead is playing in Dallas. Debating on whether I can afford it or not. I think the show is sold out.. so I'd have to pay out the @$$ for some tickets. Had I known about the Radiohead show prior to purchasing Jack Johnson tickets this may not be an issue.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
The week ends.
Ahh lots going on around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment